“Blogging makes my head hurt.” That’s what a business owner told me recently. Because he hates blogging, he creates little new content. It’s a problem.
Blogging Makes My Head Hurt
It’s the entrepreneur’s worst nightmare. Blog writing.
I get it. Your mother/good friend/employee/neighbor told you blogging is a waste of time since blogs are dead. My mother/good friend/employee/neighbor told me the same thing.
Thing is, they’re wrong. Timely, thought-provoking content is king. Or queen, if you prefer. A blog isn’t a nice to have – it’s a must if you want organic visibility. According to HubSpot, blogs can result in a 434% increase in indexed pages and a 97% increase in indexed links. Companies with blogs also produce an average of 67% more leads monthly than companies that don’t blog.
Write blog posts in order to attract your audience, validate your expertise, stay on top of developments in your industry, and tell your story. Blog in order to stand out in a highly competitive marketplace where most people are consuming rather than producing content.
5 Blogging Tips
Not sure what to do? Start here:
- Brainstorm a list of topics. If you’re having trouble figuring out what to write about, do some Google searches on subject matter that’s near and dear to your prospects’ hearts.
- Aim to enlighten, educate, or entertain your audience by addressing real pain points and sharing real solutions.
- Know your brand, wave your brand flag, and show your personality. Vanilla writing is everywhere. Don’t join that club.
- Create a content calendar and map out when your blogs will go live. Write a new blog post at least once a week. Twice a week if you can stomach it.
- Optimize every blog post for search engines using these 15 guidelines. Make sure every post has a focus keyphrase. If your site is built in WordPress (as it probably should be) and you’re using the free Yoast SEO tool (as you probably should be), you’ll find search engine optimization fairly straightforward.
A final tip: Hire a blog writer if any of the above makes your head hurt just thinking about it.
Fast Wins + Zero Fluff = Game Changer
I show businesses how to avoid common (and costly) marketing mistakes and get out of their “random acts of marketing” rut.
Schedule a free consultation or sign up to get weekly tips that can empower you to win hearts, minds, deals, and dollars. All value. No BS or fluff. Promise.