On-Page SEO Strategy
Strategic Search Engine Optimization for Your Site to Lead Your Audience Directly to You
Many businesses take an “if you build it, they will come” approach to site development and maintenance, neglecting to take every opportunity to implement organic search engine optimization (SEO) strategies that lead their audience directly to them. Today, SEO strategy is a must have, not a nice to have, if you want your audience to find you.
Why SEO Matters
It all comes down to what people will search for when looking for your products or services. Always be thinking about what people will type into a search engine to find you and include those keyphrases in your content. (However, don’t overload the site with keyphrases, which sets off red flags).
Yoast is one of the best SEO tools available. Yoast works with WordPress, and it provides an in-depth analysis of your content from an SEO perspective and offers a list of key steps you can take to improve the quality of your site pages and posts. All in One SEO is a quick and dirty in-house solution. Shopify and other platforms also offer proprietary SEO solutions.
Search Engine Optimized Content
Each page of a search engine optimized website incorporates the following:
- Designated focus keyphrase
- Appropriate length (at least 300+ words per page and 900+ words for cornerstone content)
- Appropriate focus keyphrase density
- Appropriate focus keyphrase distribution
- SEO title using the focus keyphrase
- URL (slug) using the focus keyphrase
- Meta description using the focus keyphrase
- Heading tags (H2)
- Appropriate number of headings using the focus keyphrase
- Use of the focus keyphrase in the first paragraph of text
- One or more high-resolution images, including a hero image (use intuitive image names)
- One or more image alt tags that include the focus keyphrase
- Internal links (one or more)
- Outbound links (one or more)
- No orphaned content (add links if needed)
Build an SEO Strategy That Brings You a Competitive Advantage
I will make your website investment count. I’ve managed the strategy, budgets, schedules, requirements, copywriting, testing, QA, and SEO for 20+ sites from start to finish. I’ve also written strategically designed SEO site copy for an additional 100+ sites. Many of these sites are for small startups; others are massive 50-200-page sites for major corporations. I see the big picture. I know what works.