I discovered a new summer beverage called the Atlantique cocktail. To make it, you —
- Pour 1.5 parts vodka into a cocktail shaker with ice
- Add 1.5 parts lemonade or fresh lemon juice
- Add 1 part chambord (black raspberry liquor)
- Add 1/2 part peach schnapps
- Shake to blend and chill
- Clean up the mess you just made
- Recruit a strong friend to remove the lid off the shaker
- Clean up the mess your strong friend just made
- Strain into a cocktail glass
- Throw in a few peach wedges and lemon slices
You’re probably thinking it might be helpful to see a photo of the finished product, but that’s so 2011. See, 2012 is about being in the moment, not capturing it. So you’ll have to use your imagination.
The Atlantique cocktail is quite liquid like, and it’s sipped from a glass of some sort, and it contains chunks of fruit, which make it the ex-girlfriend of sangria’s step-cousin. I’m not one to brag, but these are exactly the same well-honed descriptive abilities I use in my fiction writing.