Website Strategy, Design, and Content
Strategic Website Design and SEO That Draw and Engage Visitors and Promote Your Value
Many companies launch a new site without mapping out a clear strategy in advance. As a result, new sites can look “homegrown” and dated, and the content may not speak effectively to the right audience (or any audience). Handling website strategy, design, and copywriting in house saves money at the outset but often costs companies in lost revenue and business opportunities in the end.
Website Strategy, Site Map Design, and Site Content
A lot goes into the design of a successful website that represents your professional brand and communicates key information to your target audience, including the following:
- Business Goals – Many companies use an “if you build it, they will come” mentality instead of first clarifying who they’re selling to and what problems they’re solving. Every page of your site should focus on your customers and reinforce your credibility.
- Site Design – Your site should meet visitors’ needs – just because you think your design and content are “good enough” doesn’t mean your visitors will. Your site needs to grab attention within 1-3 seconds. If it lacks a professional design and compelling language, visitors won’t stick around.
- Brand Identity – Every page of your site needs to communicate your value to the right people and deliver on your brand promise. Staying on message, making the reader’s job easy, and rewarding visitors for their time are key to keeping visitors engaged.
- Headlines and Crosslinks – Headlines should clarify the focus of each page, and crosslinks should make it easy for readers to navigate your site and find the information that interests them most.
- Strong Calls to Action (CTAs) – What exactly do you want visitors to do? Don’t make them guess.
- Blog – Timely, thought-provoking content is king. A blog isn’t a nice to have – it’s a must.
- Contact, Signup, and Sharing – Make it easy for visitors to contact you, as well as to find you on all relevant social media sites. Stay on visitors’ radar by getting them to sign up for your blog, newsletter, or announcements. And know the difference between staying top of mind and overwhelming or annoying visitors with numerous popups that remind them to “sign up now!”
- On-Page Search Engine Optimization – It all comes down to what people will search for when looking for your products or services. Always be thinking about what people will type into a search engine to find you and include those phrases in your content early and often (without overloading the site, which sets off red flags). All in One SEO is a quick and dirty in-house solution; Yoast is an elegant, richer in-house solution; and proprietary systems, while often highly effective, can be much more costly.
Finding the Right Website and SEO Strategist
I will make your website investment count. I’ve managed the strategy, budgets, schedules, requirements, copywriting, testing, QA, and SEO for 20+ sites from start to finish. I’ve also written strategically designed SEO site copy for an additional 100+ sites. Many of these sites are for small startups; others are massive 50-200-page sites for major corporations. I see the big picture. I know what works.
To better understand how hiring me to produce your website strategy and website content is a smart business investment, ask to see a sample site.